Want to learn how to make the easiest full proof INSTANT POT DEVILED EGGS? You came to the right place. I mean technically I’ll teach you my easy instant pot hard boiled eggs first.
The Instant Pot electric pressure cooker has become my FAVORITE, easy way to make perfect hard boiled eggs. It’s really a method of steaming rather than boiling. Eat them as a snack or make these easy Instant Pot deviled eggs! Which my husband and friends call the best deviled eggs they’ve had. But they could be biased. You should give them a try and tell me what you think yourself.The 7-in-1 Instant Pot is more than just a pressure cooker. It also has a sauté feature, yes you can sauté onions and garlic + more, how cool is that? It also has a rice cooker setting, a yogurt setting and can even be used as a slow cooker instead. It’s a multifunctional tool that I use in my kitchen a lot.If you don’t own one yet, get on the bandwagon and order one. I love mine so much.
I picked up some beautiful multi colored pasture raised eggs from one of my followers and I couldn’t resist not photographing them and making these deviled eggs for you guys. The colors are just magical. Why can’t all eggs be this pretty?OK let’s get to cooking, shall we… or actually there isn’t much cooking involved except gently adding the eggs into your Instant Pot, adding some water and closing the lid. While the eggs cook, you will cut up one sausage you like, sauté it and that’s all the cooking that required here. If you don’t eat meat, you can add some smoked salmon or extra veggies, totally up to you and how creative you want to get here. The world… I mean the egg is your oyster.
INSTANT POT DEVILED EGGS
MAKES 24 DEVILED EGGS OR 12 HARD BOILED EGGS
|12 large||organic pasture raised eggs|
|1||sausage, cut into 24 thin slices, for garnish|
|2||radishes, sliced thinly for garnish|
|1/4 tsp||smoked paprika for garnish|
|fresh dill or cilantro, chopped for garnish|
|LENASKITCHEN pickled onions for garnish|
|Whole30 homemade mayo, to taste|
|sea salt to taste after you add mayo|
METHOD FOR HARD BOILED EGGS IN INSTANT POT
- Plug in your Instant Pot.
- Place stainless steel strainer/steamer basket in the Instant Pot stainless steel bowl (this comes with the Instant Pot).
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot bowl.
- Place eggs on the stainless steel strainer/steamer basket.
- Put the Instant Pot lid on and secure it by locking it in the closed position.
- The Instant Pot should be on, press MANUAL button.
- Press the minus button until you reach 6 minutes on the display and set on High Pressure.
- Make sure the vent on the top of the lid is in the closed position.
- Walk away from the Instant Pot and let it do it’s work. Don’t worry, it will start – it doesn’t start immediately. takes about 4-5 minutes to get to pressure.
- While the eggs are cooking, get a large bowl ready with ice cold water (for an ice bath). Prep the deviled eggs garnish ingredients [See instructions below].
- When it’s done, using an oven mitt turn the vent valve to release the steam.
- Wait until all of the steam/pressure has escaped. Remove the lid.
- Immediately place eggs into an ice bath. Allow eggs to soak and cool for a minute or two to stop the cooking process.
- Peel eggs and carefully slice in half. I like to hit the eggs a few times and then use my palm to roll the shell in the middle for easy peeling.
METHOD FOR DEVILED EGGS
- In a medium size mixing bowl, grate your egg yolk on the finest cheese grater section, makes for the fluffiest and non clumpy texture. Add in your homemade mayo, I eyeball this part and make it different each time. Start with half a cup and add more if needed. Stir to combine. Add in salt to taste if you feel like you need it.
- Use a piping bag or makeshift piping bag from a ziplock with one corner cut off to fill the egg white halves until you have used up all of the egg yolk mixture.
- Cut up one cooked sausage into 24 thin slices and sauté until a bit crispy on both sides. Let cool. Add one slice per deviled egg. If vegetarian, you can add some smoked salmon or add extra veggies.
- Cut 2 fresh radishes in half, then thinly slice for garnish. Add a few slices next to the sausage.
- If using my pickled onions, cut 2 small pieces per egg and add it with with sausage and radishes.
- Finely chop some fresh herbs like dill, cilantro or parsley and sprinkle on top of the eggs.
- Sprinkle all the eggs with smoked paprika.
- Serve immediately or chill and refrigerate for later.
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: Crumbled pasture raised crispy bacon. Other pickled veggies, fresh thinly spiced cucumber and feta, you can also add some curry to the mix or add in the paprika in the mix instead of on top.
STORAGE: Keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you give my INSTANT POT DEVILED EGGS a try? Let me know what you think and what did you serve it with? Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture, tag it with #lenaskitchenblog on Instagram or tag me on my Facebook page! I love seeing what you come up with!